Social Media Specialist
The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis and is affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees. BAM Capital, one of the three brands under The BAM Companies umbrella, is a team that knows how to succeed! This small, talented group of individuals knows what it takes to close the deal. No one is afraid to hear new ideas, change, adapt, or constantly evolve. BAM Capital is also a place where mutual respect and understanding are paramount, and everyone on the team is genuinely cared for. We encourage you to join this incredible team, and succeed with us!
The Social Media Specialist, Investor Relations will be the point of contact for all content creation, content capture, and content posting for the BAM Capital team. This role is steeped in creativity, idea formulation, strategic vision, and execution.
The BAM Capital team is also quickly growing and evolving, which offers the unique opportunity to move up with the team, expand responsibilities, and make the position your own. As a new role to the team, whomever steps into it has the opportunity to grow and suit the role to their specific strength as well.
Essential Job Functions
- Shooting live video, for example: event coverage and sit down interviews
- Cutting and editing raw video footage to make short videos
- Develop, design, and execute creative video concepts, including shooting, editing, and posting a video on social media platforms and websites.
- Attending events, planning a shot list, filming, and editing to share out content in real-time.
- Build a database of usable photos and video clips for future projects
- Coordinating with outsourced vendors as needed
- Find relevant articles to share on social media
- Create and manage social calendars for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Engage with comments and other accounts
- Responsible for writing engaging copy for social media posts
- Monitor social media trends and present new ideas to enhance the current content strategy to increase total followers and engagement.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously – both planned and unplanned.
- Create and update competitor matrix
- Find and use programs to automate reporting and posting
Required Education and Experience
- Experience shooting and editing video
- Working with internal teams to gather materials/ information for social media postings
- Strong writing, proofreading, and grammar skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet short deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as a valuable member of a team
- Experience coming up with social media content
- 1-3 years experience managing a social media account
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience managing a social media account for a business as well as a person (other than your own)
- Knowledge of social media analytics
- Photography experience (events and landscape/buildings)
- Background in finance or real estate a plus
- Experience with design programs such as Canva, Photoshop, etc
- Experience shooting and posting content during live events
- Experience with tracking codes and SEO methods
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; hours of work are standard business hours Monday – Friday, with few exceptions. Remote work possible for the position on selected days of the week.
This is a primarily local assignment during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected on an extremely infrequent basis.
Authorized to work in the United States of America.
The BAM Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The BAM Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The BAM Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The BAM Companies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.