Senior Analyst, Investor Experience
The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis and is affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees. BAM Capital, one of the three brands under The BAM Companies umbrella, is a team that knows how to succeed! This small, talented group of individuals knows what it takes to close the deal. No one is afraid to hear new ideas, change, adapt, or constantly evolve. BAM Capital is also a place where mutual respect and understanding are paramount, and everyone on the team is genuinely cared for. We encourage you to join this incredible team, and succeed with us!
The Senior Analyst, Investor Experience is a new role to the BAM Capital team. The vision of the position is to provide analytical and functional support to both the Investor Experience and Investor Relations teams as it relates to our portfolio of offerings. The position will also encompass client-facing activities to foster investor education and to supplement marketing efforts through various channels. Whoever steps into the role has the unique opportunity to partially mold it to their strengths and be a resource to this high-functioning team in new and unique ways.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct sensitivity and variance analysis of annual business plans, asset valuation models, investment returns, and other asset/portfolio metrics as directed by the team. Responsibilities may also include generation of investor reports, on-boarding of new investors, and assistance in the development of marketing collateral.
- Develop extensive knowledge of the multifamily assets within the portfolios. Working under the direction of senior staff, provide analytical support regarding investment strategies including portfolio performance, diversification measures, sensitivity analysis, variance analysis, and other relevant financial metrics. Address investor questions regarding portfolio performance.
- Ensure a coordinated flow of quality information reaches investors. Provide quality control of portfolio management information.
- Conduct ongoing and special project research including in-depth reviews and analysis of the portfolios, the real estate investment environment, and emerging macro trends.
- Continue to develop understanding of real estate market/ portfolio dynamics. This may include occasional travel to relevant markets.
- Support all aspects of investor marketing, including core processes to build and maintain our investor database and CRM.
- Support the company’s participation in investor and analyst events such as conferences, meetings, and tradeshows.
- Assist with the production of Q&A documents, call scripts, investor presentations, and other materials.
- Proactively build relationships with new and existing investors. Monitor and document all communication, ensuring that it is professional, appropriate, and accurate.
- Thoroughly understand the terms of any offering and collaborate with teams to ensure regulatory compliance and offering requirements are met throughout the life of an investment.
- Review incoming investor subscription agreements to confirm all information is completed and KYC items are included. Request additional items as needed. Utilize the investor management system to track commitments and money raised.
- Assist with communication related to capital calls and distributions.
- Assist with distribution of K1s and other tax-related information. Maintain adequate knowledge of organization and basic tax rules.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related field with preference to an emphasis in real estate
- 5+ years’ relative work experience. Previous analytical multifamily real estate experience preferred
- Working knowledge of multifamily real estate modeling techniques and key financial metrics: IRR’s, Equity Multiples, Waterfalls, etc. Fluency in investment terminology
- Working knowledge of excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Success in this position requires attention to detail, a strong quantitative financial background, and a “can do” attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment
This position will guide and direct the Investor Experience team and their initiatives.
BAM offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes some out-of-the-box choices, but things being different and that challenge conventional wisdom is how we always operate.
- Paid Time Off – Upon starting each employee already will be able to enjoy all 14-and-a-half paid holidays that BAM observes! On top of that, when each employee hits their 90th day, we drop 88 hours of PTO into each person’s account. That only goes up on the employee’s first BAM-iversary when we add another 120 hours into each person’s bank.
- Traditional Medical and Health Benefits – We all need them, and BAM provides them at a bargain! Each year the company chooses to contribute a larger portion of the total benefits cost in an effort to not raise the employee’s contribution and lower it if possible. This package includes: medical, dental, vision, voluntary life, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a small pet benefit option.
- Company Culture – BAM strives to have and succeeds in always having the small company feel. You will never be a number, and will always be valued. We live out our values: (1) When People Grow, BAM Grows, (2) Loyal, Loving Family, (3) Fun, Quirky Spirit, and (4) Work Hard, Play Hard, WIN!
- Free Life Insurance – The company pays for $25,000 in life insurance free of change to each and every employee.
- Personal & Professional Development – BAM pays for unlimited access to MytrueU which is a site that aggregates incredible community leaders and asks them to share their lessons learned, in order to enrich others.
- Events – BAM spares no expense in order to plan events for the entire company. No matter where the employee is working, we ensure that everyone can get together and live out our Core Values.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; hours of work will vary Monday – Friday and may include weekends.
This is a primarily local assignment during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Must be authorized to work in the United States of America.