The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
The renovation specialist requires a hard-working and reliable construction worker to join the BAM Construction team. The ideal candidate will participate in a variety of construction projects and follow construction plans and instructions from the site supervisor. Although experience isn’t essential, applicants will have to be physically fit and a fast learner, as is in line with the essential functions of the position. To be successful, any applicant will need to work well as part of a team, enjoy working outdoors, and be able to perform strenuous physical tasks.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist tradesmen and machine operators in construction projects
- Erect and break up scaffolding, ramps etc. with attention to safety
- Unload and carry materials at construction sites
- Use equipment to break old forms and structures
- Prepare and apply construction materials to build structures or fill gaps (e.g cement)
- Smooth and level new concrete or other materials
- Clean out site from debris and discarded material
- Demolish and clean-up various projects and spaces
- Follow instructions and fulfill the design specifications on small projects
Required Education and Experience
- Knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles and methods
- Able to work in a team
- Able to read instructions and blueprints when needed
- Excellent balance and eye-hand coordination
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- Proven experience in new construction or renovation spaces
- Experience in operating construction equipment
- Knowledge of mixing and pouring construction material (concrete, sand, grout etc.)
BAM offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes some out-of-the-box choices, but things being different and that challenge conventional wisdom is how we always operate.
- Paid Time Off – Upon starting each employee already will be able to enjoy all 14-and-a-half paid holidays that BAM observes! On top of that, when each employee hits their 90th day, we drop 88 hours of PTO into each person’s account. That only goes up on the employee’s first BAM-iversary when we add another 120 hours into each person’s bank.
- Traditional Medical and Health Benefits – We all need them, and BAM provides them at a bargain! Each year the company chooses to contribute a larger portion of the total benefits cost in an effort to not raise the employee’s contribution and lower it if possible. This package includes: medical, dental, vision, voluntary life, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a small pet benefit option.
- Company Culture – BAM strives to have and succeeds in always having the small company feel. You will never be a number, and will always be valued. We live out our values: (1) When People Grow, BAM Grows, (2) Loyal, Loving Family, (3) Fun, Quirky Spirit, and (4) Work Hard, Play Hard, WIN!
- Free Life Insurance – The company pays for $25,000 in life insurance free of change to each and every employee.
- Personal & Professional Development – BAM pays for unlimited access to MytrueU which is a site that aggregates incredible community leaders and asks them to share their lessons learned, in order to enrich others.
- Events – BAM spares no expense in order to plan events for the entire company. No matter where the employee is working, we ensure that everyone can get together and live out our Core Values.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and at job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and involves standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; hours of work will vary Monday – Friday and may include weekends.
This is a primarily local assignment during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Authorize to work in the United States of America.
The BAM Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The BAM Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. The BAM Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The BAM Companies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.