The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
The renovation associate requires a hard-working and reliable employee to join the BAM Construction team. The ideal candidate will participate in a variety of construction projects and follow construction plans and instructions from the site supervisor. Experience in the industry is not essential, but applicants will have to be physically fit and a fast learner, as is in line with the essential functions of the position. To be successful, any applicant will need to work well as part of a team, have a desire to understand the construction industry, and be a go-getter.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete any project touch-ups or last tasks as directed
- Assist team in new construction and renovation projects
- Demolish and clean-up various projects and spaces
- Use equipment to break old forms and structures
- Unload and carry materials at construction sites
- Prepare and apply construction materials to build structures or fill gaps (e.g cement)
- Follow instructions and fulfill the design specifications on small projects
- Erect and break up scaffolding, ramps etc. with attention to safety
- Smooth and level new concrete or other materials
- Clean out site from debris and discarded material
Required Education and Experience
- Knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles and methods
- Able to work in a team
- Excellent balance and eye-hand coordination
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in operating construction equipment
- Knowledge of mixing and pouring construction material (concrete, sand, grout etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and at job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and involves standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; hours of work will vary Monday – Friday.
This is a primarily local assignment during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Authorized to work in the United States of America.
The BAM Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The BAM Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The BAM Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The BAM Companies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.