Regional Maintenance Supervisor
The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
BAM Management is currently looking for a Regional Maintenance Supervisor to work out of the corporate office in Indianapolis, IN, meet the qualifications and requirements listed below, and complement the established and wonderful culture. As the Regional Maintenance Supervisor, you will collaborate in the management and implementation of BAM Maintenance standards and procedures for a portfolio of BAM Multi-Family Properties.
As the Regional Maintenance Supervisor, your goal will be to ensure the provided portfolio properties are maintained in BAM’s unique and superior fashion. This position will collaborate with, provide recommendations to, and will provide superior work to the VP, Maintenance & Construction and any other members of the BAM leadership team.
This position will require someone to be well-rounded in a variety of areas and tasks including, but not limited to: personnel management, administrative reporting, hands-on maintenance knowledge, employee health and safety, and multi-family construction.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere and lead through the company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to the industry.
- Lead in a manner consistent with BAM’s current standards, as well as between properties, teams, and locations.
- Conduct hands-on training in the field.
- Ensure that unit turns and all maintenance service requests proceed according to BAM expectations.
- Perform position requirements, such as collecting property data and reporting to BAM leadership.
- Document the progress of tasks, taking pictures of critical items as needed.
- Assist Property Management with capital improvement project specifications.
- Assist on-site maintenance teams to meet or exceed budget constraints and goals
- Learn, understand, and educate BAM teams on company maintenance software and procedure
- Understand and implement BAM culture by living out the values, sharing the vision, and selling the dream
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A proven track record for hands-on apartment maintenance skills.
- Ability to give direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, build consensus, anticipate roadblocks, and work in a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated, able to complete assigned tasks and have the ability to negotiate.
- Able to multitask and prioritize.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Able to perform at high levels in a fast-paced work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demand.
- Able to think logically in order to troubleshoot, analyze situations, and make sound business decisions.
Required Education and Experience
- Formal technical training and/or equivalent job experience in heating, air conditioning, mechanical, electrical equipment, plumbing fixtures, structural facilities and grounds required.
- 10 years’ experience in commercial facility management and multi-family.
- HVAC certification required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and ability to learn quickly on new programs and applications.
- EPA certification required.
- Working Knowledge of OSHA standards and other environmental safety standards required.
The regional maintenance supervisor will oversee between 6-10 Maintenance Supervisors across the BAM portfolio, as well as a future team of Regional Maintenance Coordinators.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and at job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; hours of work will vary Monday – Friday.
- 10% travel required.
- Flexibility to work across the portfolio at various properties.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license at time of hire and maintain thereafter.
Authorize to work in the United States of America.
The BAM Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The BAM Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The BAM Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The BAM Companies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.