The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us!
BAM offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes some out-of-the-box choices, but things being different and that challenge conventional wisdom is how we always operate.
- Paid Time Off – Upon starting each employee already will be able to enjoy all 14-and-a-half paid holidays that BAM observes! On top of that, when each employee hits their 90th day, we drop 88 hours of PTO into each person’s account. That only goes up on the employee’s first BAM-iversary when we add another 120 hours into each person’s bank.
- Traditional Medical and Health Benefits – We all need them, and BAM provides them at a bargain! Each year the company chooses to contribute a larger portion of the total benefits cost in an effort to not raise the employee’s contribution and lower it if possible. This package includes: medical, dental, vision, voluntary life, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a small pet benefit option.
- Company Culture – BAM strives to have and succeeds in always having the small company feel. You will never be a number, and will always be valued. We live out our values: (1) When People Grow, BAM Grows, (2) Loyal, Loving Family, (3) Fun, Quirky Spirit, and (4) Work Hard, Play Hard, WIN!
- Free Life Insurance – The company pays for $25,000 in life insurance free of change to each and every employee.
- Personal & Professional Development – BAM pays for unlimited access to MytrueU which is a site that aggregates incredible community leaders and asks them to share their lessons learned, in order to enrich others.
- Events – BAM spares no expense in order to plan events for the entire company. No matter where the employee is working, we ensure that everyone can get together and live out our Core Values.
The Property Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall management of the community. Responsibilities include marketing, budgeting, financial management, oversight of the physical asset and supervision of staff. The PM will ensure that the property meets or exceeds its financial performance targets and ownership objectives. Financial performance and attainment of ownership objectives will be achieved by ensuring that:
- Revenues are maximized.
- Expenses are carefully monitored and controlled.
- Staffing levels are appropriate.
- Employees are properly trained.
- Resident satisfaction is a continual focus.
- The property is maintained to the highest standards with a continual focus on asset preservation and enhancement.
- Regulatory compliance and adherence to all legal requirements is reinforced
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and manage the operating budget to control expenses and meet financials objectives.
- Supervise the collection of rents and all monies on-site. Ensure prompt deposit and accurate record keeping of these funds.
- Develop, implement, and monitor marketing strategy to maximize resident retention and generate a sustainable flow of qualified prospective residents.
- Monitor surrounding market, review surveys, and make recommendations based on survey analysis.
- Achieve and maintain designated occupancy objectives.
- Complete and submit, timely and accurately: records, reports, and documents as required by Barratt Asset Management, Federal, State and Local agencies.
- Process applications timely and according to Company policy.
- Process move-in and move-outs timely and according to Company policy.
- Engage, contract, supervise, and process invoices for all goods/services.
- Manage current resident relations and coordinate requests for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues and other current residents’ concerns.
- Liaison with other disciplines/departments within the company to provide a team approach to the management of real estate.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between departments and with associates. Prepare for team meetings, in advance, and act as chairperson for the meeting.
- Be familiar with new technologies, systems, and procedures related to property management.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice as directed by their supervisors. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Communication Proficiency
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
This position is directly responsible for leading rest of the office team and collaborating with the Maintenance Supervisor.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; hours of work will vary Monday – Friday.
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ Years as a Multi-Family Residential Property Manager with a preference for those with local market knowledge and experience in Class B+ assets or higher
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence. Must have reliable vehicle.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience with PC based word processing and spreadsheet software
- Demonstrated supervisory potential
- Must be able to travel and able to work a varied schedule including weekends
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Professional demeanor and appearance
Preferred Education and Experience
- ARM or CAM credentials preferred
- Associates in Business or related field preferred.