Paint Technician (Mad River Apartments)
The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
Summary and Objective
The Paint Technician is responsible for the selected turnover painting of apartments and common areas for their assigned community. The person in this position will clean surfaces, prepare surfaces, caulk gaps, and paint walls, ceilings and trim. In between paint jobs, the Paint Technician will assist with daily building maintenance and minor repairs, ensuring compliance of all local, state, & federal housing codes and regulations. The Paint Technician must be capable of doing manual labor and must have the ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- The Paint Technician will be trained in lead-safe (EMP) practices and regulations Surface preparation to include: patching holes, scraping, sanding and priming
- Clean all surfaces of dirt, grease, oil, cigarette smoke or any other substance that would be detrimental to the bonding of the primer/paint
- Caulk all gaps between trim and walls including a base, window trim, and cabinets Cover all removable stationary items which are not to be painted and provide surface protection
- Paint all interior painted surfaces to include ceilings, trim and walls; Remove spilled, splashed or splattered paint from non-painted surface
- Paint all interior painted surfaces to include ceilings, trim and walls
- Remove spilled, splashed or splattered paint from non-painted surfaces
- All surfaces to be painted should be clean, dry and smooth. The final product shall be uniform, of color and free from defective brushing, spraying or rolling
- Waste materials shall be removed from the site daily. Disposal of waste materials shall be done legally
- Between paint jobs, the Tech may perform necessary repairs and maintenance on rental apartments. Additional functions may include; general cleaning, shoveling, scheduled routine maintenance and implementing preventative maintenance plans
- Coordination with Maintenance Supervisor for annual, state, or funder inspections; completion of follow up work orders to repair deficiencies
- Completion of apartment turnovers within industry standard timeframes Participation in “on-call” Maintenance Tech rotation
- In emergencies, flexibility in work schedule, availability, and the potential location is required
- Must adhere to proper policies, procedures, directives as provided by manager or management
- Be willing to travel for training, required education or needed certification classes
- Other duties as assigned
Competitive Hourly Wage
- 80 Hours of PTO after 90 Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and various supplementary benefits
- 8 Hours Floating Holiday
- 13.5 Paid Holidays
- All-Company events (properties close for the day and the company gathers for picnic, baseball games, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and at job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and involves standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and work days/hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some on-call hours will be required, at supervisor discretion.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have and maintain vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and comprehend the English language.
Authorized to work in the United States of America.
The BAM Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The BAM Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The BAM Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The BAM Companies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requirements of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.