West Lafayette, IN
The Maintenance Technician assists the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the property is in flawless condition and meets the standards of The BAM Companies Brand. The Maintenance Technician is to provide resident satisfaction through maintaining the physical state of the exterior and interior of the property. These maintenance functions include: maintaining and repairing the HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems, plumbing, structural elements, and equipment. Additionally, the Maintenance Technician delivers exceptional customer service including respect for vendors and contractors.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position’s essential functions.
- Complete all maintenance requests in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Prepare vacant apartments to be in market-ready condition.
- Repair and maintain simple electrical circuits, switches, outlets, and lighting fixtures.
- Assist in the daily cleanliness of community including, but not limited to, testing and recording chemical levels in swimming pools.
- Maintain lawns, grounds, landscaping, and parking lots, including snow removal.
- Complete and document preventive maintenance activities.
- Provide emergency resident support after office hours.
- Able to move freely in the work environment.
- Able to work overtime and rotating the emergency on-call phone.
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Potential for a rent concession with the apartment complex.
- Potential for free utilities if living on-site, after six months of employment.
- 80 hours of PTO after 90 days of employment.
- Floating holiday eligible after 90 days of employment.
- 13-and-a-half holidays paid each year.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Pet, Legal, Identity Theft, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance available for each employee.
- One paid volunteering day available each year.
- Free personal and professional development courses are available.
- Competitive compensation, and on the job training.
- Work-life balance is emphasized.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days/hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some on-call hours will be required, per manager’s instruction.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence. Must have reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- 2-3 Years Maintenance experience in a related field.
- Type 2 or Universal EPA Certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are requirements of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Authorized to work in the United States of America.