Maintenance Technician (The Bristol Apartments)
The Maintenance Technician assists the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the property is in flawless condition and meets the standards of The BAM Companies Brand. The Maintenance Technician is to provide resident satisfaction through maintaining the physical state of the exterior and interior of the property. These maintenance functions include: maintaining and repairing the HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems, plumbing, structural elements, and equipment. Additionally, the Maintenance Technician delivers exceptional customer service including respect for vendors and contractors.
The Bristol Apartments has been a part of the BAM Management (BAM) portfolio since the summer of 2020. As one of the most successful properties in the company, The Bristol is a beautiful place to work on the Southwest side of Indianapolis. At this property, you can learn from a team that is young and eager to take the property to new heights! The property’s culture is one of care, hard work and proven success. If all or any interests you, we welcome you to apply and look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position’s essential functions.
- Complete all maintenance requests in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Prepare vacant apartments to be in market-ready condition.
- Repair and maintain simple electrical circuits, switches, outlets, and lighting fixtures.
- Assist in the daily cleanliness of community including, but not limited to, testing and recording chemical levels in swimming pools.
- Maintain lawns, grounds, landscaping, and parking lots, including snow removal.
- Complete and document preventive maintenance activities.
- Provide emergency resident support after office hours.
- Able to move freely in the work environment.
- Able to work overtime and rotating the emergency on-call phone.
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Potential for a rent concession with the apartment complex.
- Potential for free utilities if living on-site, after six months of employment.
- 80 hours of PTO after 90 days of employment.
- Floating holiday eligible after 90 days of employment.
- 13-and-a-half holidays paid each year.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Pet, Legal, Identity Theft, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance available for each employee.
- One paid volunteering day available each year.
- Free personal and professional development courses are available.
- Competitive compensation, and on the job training.
- Work-life balance is emphasized.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days/hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some on-call hours will be required, per manager’s instruction.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence. Must have reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2-3 Years Maintenance experience in a related field.
- Type 2 or Universal EPA Certification.
Authorized to work in the United States of America.