West Des Moines, IN
The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
Summary and Objective
The Maintenance Supervisor position is responsible for ensuring the property is in flawless condition and meets the standards of the BAM Brand. As the Maintenance Supervisor, you will oversee the development and operations of the maintenance functions on-site, including maintenance and repair of HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems, plumbing, grounds, structural elements, and equipment. Also, you will be responsible for: the completion of human resources objectives by selecting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining employees, communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions, recommending compensation actions, and adhering to policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedules, assign, and/or perform all maintenance functions.
- Supervise, guide, and schedule training, when necessary of all maintenance personnel in the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, electrical systems, mechanical stems, plumbing, grounds, structural elements, motor vehicles, and equipment.
- Complete move-in and move-out inspections.
- Supervise and/or perform all work related to maintenance of the property’s curb appeal.
- Implement cleaning and maintenance programs for grounds, office/clubhouse, common areas and work areas.
- Lead any and all hiring of new maintenance team members.
- Schedule and perform regular inspections of all grounds, structures, and systems and correct problems (if any).
- Assist in the maintenance portion of the overall property budget and ensure that all maintenance operating expenses remain within the existing budget.
- Implement an inventory control program along with a preventive maintenance program.
- Responsible for expenditures within company guidelines.
- Direct and supervise the day-to-day administrative operations of the maintenance functions including the scheduling and assignment of work, submission of reports and paperwork (invoices, time sheets, new hire/termination information, employee counseling, and evaluations), and record keeping functions promptly.
- Purchase all maintenance supplies and materials in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare requests for quotes and work scope and follow company procedure in obtaining bids on purchases or work to be performed.
- Conduct inspections of contracted work – checking for the quality and conformance with specifications and costs.
- Timely reporting of any property loss on liability related incidents to the insurance company.
- Timely reporting of any work-related injuries to the Property Manager.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal regulations as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Able to stand, crawl, crouch, stoop, squat, and kneel for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to regularly lift objects weighing 60 pounds to waist height.
- Able to move freely about the work environment.
- Able to work overtime and rotating the emergency on-call phone.
- Assist in the daily cleanliness of community including, but not limited to, testing and recording chemical levels in swimming pools.
This position is directly responsible for leading any and all Maintenance Technicians, Paint Technicians, and Groundskeepers that the property might employ.
- Potential for a rent concession with the apartment complex.
- Potential for free utilities if living on-site, after six months of employment.
- 80 hours of PTO after 90 days of employment.
- Floating holiday eligible after 90 days of employment.
- 14-and-a-half holidays paid each year.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Pet, Legal, Identity Theft, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance available for each employee.
- One paid volunteering day available each year.
- Free personal and professional development courses are available.
- Competitive compensation, and on the job training.
- Work-life balance is emphasized.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and at job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and involves standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.This is a full-time position, and work days/hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some on-call hours will be required.
No travel is expected for this position, except the occasional opportunity to fill-in at another BAM property.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- 2-3 Years Maintenance experience in a related field, supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Type 2 or Universal EPA Certification.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence. Must have a reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and comprehend the English language.
Authorized to work in the United States of America.
The BAM Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The BAM Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The BAM Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The BAM Companies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requirements of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.