The Maintenance Technician assists the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the property is in flawless condition and meets the standards of The BAM Companies Brand. The Maintenance Technician is to provide resident satisfaction through maintaining the physical state of the exterior and interior of the property. These maintenance functions include: maintaining and repairing the HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems, plumbing, structural elements, and equipment. Additionally, the Maintenance Technician delivers exceptional customer service including respect for vendors and contractors.
This position will base out of a new, beautiful property that will be joining the company in the coming weeks. It will train and work partially in West Des Moines at a current property (Park 88 Apartments) until the new property is acquired.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position’s essential functions.
- Complete all maintenance requests in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Prepare vacant apartments to be in market-ready condition.
- Repair and maintain simple electrical circuits, switches, outlets, and lighting fixtures.
- Assist in the daily cleanliness of community including, but not limited to, testing and recording chemical levels in swimming pools.
- Maintain lawns, grounds, landscaping, and parking lots, including snow removal.
- Complete and document preventive maintenance activities.
- Provide emergency resident support after office hours.
- Able to move freely in the work environment.
- Able to work overtime and rotating the emergency on-call phone.
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Potential for a rent concession with the apartment complex.
- Potential for free utilities if living on-site, after six months of employment.
- 80 hours of PTO after 90 days of employment.
- Floating holiday eligible after 90 days of employment.
- 13-and-a-half holidays paid each year.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Pet, Legal, Identity Theft, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance available for each employee.
- One paid volunteering day available each year.
- Free personal and professional development courses are available.
- Competitive compensation, and on the job training.
- Work-life balance is emphasized.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and at job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days/hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some on-call hours will be required, per manager’s instruction.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence. Must have reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2-3 Years Maintenance experience in a related field.
- Type 2 or Universal EPA Certification.
Barratt Asset Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Barratt Asset Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Barratt Asset Management expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Barratt Asset Management’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are requirements of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Authorized to work in the United States of America.