Leasing Consultant (Nantucket Cove)
The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
Nantucket Cove Apartments has been part of the BAM Management (BAM) portfolio since December 2018. As the company’s only property in the State of Illinois, working here is a perfect way to enter a company that is quickly growing and rapidly expanding! The property’s culture is one of opportunity, dedication, and growth, and is currently on the rise! If all or any of this interests you and you want to join a winning team, we welcome you to apply and look forward to reviewing your application!
The Leasing Consultant (LC) is the community’s sales representative whose primary duties are to greet prospective residents, to professionally present the features and benefits of his/her assigned community and adequately secure lease agreements from qualified individuals. An LC is very service oriented and strives to make prospective and current residents feel welcome and comfortable in the community. Responsibilities primarily include marketing, leasing, and resident services. The LC will be responsible for assisting the Property Manager (PM) in meeting or exceeding the property’s financial performance targets and ownership objectives. The LC will achieve these goals by ensuring that:
- Revenues are maximized.
- Resident satisfaction is a continual focus.
- Occupancy goals are achieved
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all legal requirements
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a clean, professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Inspect model, tour path, and show units daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Primary contact for guests and reception duties; greet residents/guests, answer calls and respond to emails and voicemails.
- Greet prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, professionally present community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits.
- Promptly reply to all lead inquiries with the goal of obtaining an appointment to show the apartment community to prospective residents.
- Follow up with prospective residents who have not yet leased to continue the sales process and secure the sale.
- Close the sale with prospective residents by obtaining a security deposit and completed application packet for an apartment or waiting list.
- Build positive relationships with current residents to promote customer satisfaction and help maintain occupancy rates.
- Market the property through advertising, print media, websites, social media, networking, word of mouth, referrals, etc.
- Prepare all necessary marketing collateral and documents for the application process.
- Document all resident communication.
- Review online advertising (ILS) to ensure current market pricing on a weekly basis. Report any needed corrections to PM and Marketing Manager on Team Slack channel.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to the property manager for marketing community and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Perform external market outreach as assigned.
- Organize and file appropriate reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Make sure that paperwork is complete, files are properly prepared, and data is entered into the computer system.
- Conduct all activities following company policy, lease contract, HUD regulations, Fair Housing requirements and any applicable program regulations.
- Be familiar with new technologies, systems, and procedures related to property management.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice as directed by their supervisors. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Potential for a rent concession with the apartment complex.
- Potential for free utilities if living on-site, after six months of employment.
- 80 hours of PTO after 90 days of employment.
- Floating holiday eligible after 90 days of employment.
- 13-and-a-half holidays paid each year.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Pet, Legal, Identity Theft, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance available for each employee.
- One paid volunteering day available each year.
- Free personal and professional development courses are available.
- Competitive compensation, and on the job training.
- Work-life balance is emphasized.
Hours: Some weekdays, Saturdays weekly
This is a primarily local assignment during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Stellar customer service and sales ability
- Previous leasing, sales, hospitality, or customer service experience
- Out-going personality
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence. Must have reliable vehicle.
- High School diploma or equivalent and professional knowledge of business discipline
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances.
- Experience with PC based word processing and spreadsheet software
- Must be able to travel and able to work a varied schedule including weekends
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Professional demeanor and appearance
Authorize to work in the United States of America.
The BAM Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The BAM Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The BAM Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The BAM Companies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.