West Lafayette, IN
The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
The Leasing Consultant (LC) is the community’s sales representative whose primary duties are to greet prospective residents, to professionally present the features and benefits of his/her assigned community and adequately secure lease agreements from qualified individuals. An LC is very service oriented and strives to make prospective and current residents feel welcome and comfortable in the community. Responsibilities primarily include marketing, leasing, and resident services. The LC will be responsible for assisting the Property Manager (PM) in meeting or exceeding the property’s financial performance targets and ownership objectives. The LC will achieve these goals by ensuring that:
- Revenues are maximized.
- Resident satisfaction is a continual focus.
- Occupancy goals are achieved
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all legal requirements
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a clean, professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Inspect model, tour path, and show units daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Primary contact for guests and reception duties; greet residents/guests, answer calls and respond to emails and voicemails.
- Greet prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, professionally present community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits.
- Promptly reply to all lead inquiries with the goal of obtaining an appointment to show the apartment community to prospective residents.
- Follow up with prospective residents who have not yet leased to continue the sales process and secure the sale.
- Close the sale with prospective residents by obtaining a security deposit and completed application packet for an apartment or waiting list.
- Build positive relationships with current residents to promote customer satisfaction and help maintain occupancy rates.
- Market the property through advertising, print media, websites, social media, networking, word of mouth, referrals, etc.
- Prepare all necessary marketing collateral and documents for the application process.
- Document all resident communication.
- Review online advertising (ILS) to ensure current market pricing on a weekly basis. Report any needed corrections to PM and Marketing Manager on Team Slack channel.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to the property manager for marketing community and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Perform external market outreach as assigned.
- Organize and file appropriate reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Make sure that paperwork is complete, files are properly prepared, and data is entered into the computer system.
- Conduct all activities following company policy, lease contract, HUD regulations, Fair Housing requirements and any applicable program regulations.
- Be familiar with new technologies, systems, and procedures related to property management.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice as directed by their supervisors. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Communication Proficiency
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; hours of work will vary and may include weekends.
Required Education and Experience
- Stellar customer service and sales ability
- Previous leasing, sales, hospitality, or customer service experience
- Out-going personality
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence. Must have a reliable vehicle.
- High School diploma or equivalent and professional knowledge of business discipline
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances.
- Experience with PC based word processing and spreadsheet software
- Must be able to travel and able to work a varied schedule including weekends
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Professional demeanor and appearance
BAM offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes some out-of-the-box choices, but things being different and that challenge conventional wisdom is how we always operate.
- Paid Time Off – Upon starting each employee already will be able to enjoy all 14-and-a-half paid holidays that BAM observes! On top of that, when each employee hits their 90th day, we drop 88 hours of PTO into each person’s account. That only goes up on the employee’s first BAM-iversary when we add another 120 hours into each person’s bank.
- Traditional Medical and Health Benefits – We all need them, and BAM provides them at a bargain! Each year the company chooses to contribute a larger portion of the total benefits cost in an effort to not raise the employee’s contribution and lower it if possible. This package includes: medical, dental, vision, voluntary life, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a small pet benefit option.
- Company Culture – BAM strives to have and succeeds in always having the small company feel. You will never be a number, and will always be valued. We live out our values: (1) When People Grow, BAM Grows, (2) Loyal, Loving Family, (3) Fun, Quirky Spirit, and (4) Work Hard, Play Hard, WIN!
- Free Life Insurance – The company pays for $25,000 in life insurance free of change to each and every employee.
- Personal & Professional Development – BAM pays for unlimited access to MytrueU which is a site that aggregates incredible community leaders and asks them to share their lessons learned, in order to enrich others.
- Events – BAM spares no expense in order to plan events for the entire company. No matter where the employee is working, we ensure that everyone can get together and live out our Core Values.
Authorize to work in the United States of America.