The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
As a new position to The BAM Companies, the Lead IT Specialist will have the unique opportunity to forge their own path and create new processes for the company. This role will nest under the Asset Management department and work closely with the apartment communities and headquarters in order to catalog equipment, resolve technology issues, assist with hardware concerns, and establish this department.
Essential Job Functions
- Order new equipment.
- Maintain inventory of all IT devices and assets.
- Assist with support tickets.
- Work with Comcast (VoIP phones), copier lease vendor(s).
- Participate in due diligence on all acquisitions.
- Handle any IT transitions on dispositions.
- Coordinate the transition and update of phone systems.
- Update and maintain all internet systems across the portfolio.
- Audit and understand the lease agreements on certain large devices.
- Physically troubleshoot issues onsite as necessary.
- Manage phones and internet settings on all sites and corporate offices.
- Supervise and facilitate IT transfers and setup at new office location(s).
- Supervise and facilitate any IT needs for company events (i.e. microphones, speakers, projectors, etc..).
- Create equipment inventory tracking system.
- Ability to understand current culture and processes and respect the established way of doing things while also offering recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to travel out of the area for work.
- Ability to resolve multiple concerns at once.
- Ability to remain organized when given a number of new tasks or projects at once.
- Ability to focus on a new project at a moment’s notice and establish a list of high and low priority assignments.
- Ability to be self motivated.
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement and move forward.
Education and Experience
- A degree in information technology or equivalent experience.
- 1-5 years of information technology experience.
BAM offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes some out-of-the-box choices, but things being different and that challenge conventional wisdom is how we always operate.
- Paid Time Off – Upon starting each employee already will be able to enjoy all 14-and-a-half paid holidays that BAM observes! On top of that, when each employee hits their 90th day, we drop 88 hours of PTO into each person’s account. That only goes up on the employee’s first BAM-iversary when we add another 120 hours into each person’s bank.
- Traditional Medical and Health Benefits – We all need them, and BAM provides them at a bargain! Each year the company chooses to contribute a larger portion of the total benefits cost in an effort to not raise the employee’s contribution and lower it if possible. This package includes: medical, dental, vision, voluntary life, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a small pet benefit option.
- Company Culture – BAM strives to have and succeeds in always having the small company feel. You will never be a number, and will always be valued. We live out our values: (1) When People Grow, BAM Grows, (2) Loyal, Loving Family, (3) Fun, Quirky Spirit, and (4) Work Hard, Play Hard, WIN!
- Free Life Insurance – The company pays for $25,000 in life insurance free of change to each and every employee.
- Personal & Professional Development – BAM pays for unlimited access to MytrueU which is a site that aggregates incredible community leaders and asks them to share their lessons learned, in order to enrich others.
- Events – BAM spares no expense in order to plan events for the entire company. No matter where the employee is working, we ensure that everyone can get together and live out our Core Values.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; hours of work will vary Monday – Friday and may include weekends.
This is a primarily local assignment during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected. Current states of operation include Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, and Iowa. Any of the sites within the company may be scheduled for a technology audit or to assist with hardware concerns.
Must be authorized to work in the United States of America.
The BAM Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The BAM Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The BAM Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The BAM Companies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.