Fort Wayne, IN
The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
Summary and Objective
The Grounds Technician provide resident satisfaction through maintaining the physical condition of the exterior and interior of the property. These functions may include maintaining lawns, electrical, and mechanical systems, plumbing, structural elements, and equipment to maintain community’s curb appeal. Additionally, the Grounds Technician delivers exceptional customer service including respect for vendors and contractors.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain lawns, grounds, landscaping, and parking lots including snow removal.
- Cleaning and housekeeping of common areas.
- Assist in the daily cleanliness of community including, but not limited to, testing and recording chemical levels in swimming pools.
- Assist with the preparation of vacant apartments to be in market-ready condition.
- Maintain regular attendance and follow Company rules and regulations governing presence.
- Communicate effectively and display a professional manner when dealing with supervisors, co-workers, residents and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Work efficiently as a team member, by participating actively and constructively.
- Safely perform all duties by following all Company safety procedures for the operation of equipment, machinery, and hazardous substances and chemicals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and at job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and involves standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time position.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have and maintain vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and comprehend the English language.
Authorized to work in the United States of America.