Assistant Property Manager
The BAM Companies (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
The Reserve Apartments has been part of the BAM Management (BAM) portfolio since July 2019. As one of the smallest properties at BAM, The Reserve is a place where true and meaningful connections can be made with the team and residents. As The Reserve is a luxury property, it will sell itself and create an exciting opportunity for those who work here! The property’s culture is one of relationship-building, attention to detail, and care. If all or any of this interests you, we welcome you to apply and look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
BAM offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes some out-of-the-box choices, but things being different and that challenge conventional wisdom is how we always operate.
- Paid Time Off – Upon starting each employee already will be able to enjoy all 14-and-a-half paid holidays that BAM observes! On top of that, when each employee hits their 90th day, we drop 88 hours of PTO into each person’s account. That only goes up on the employee’s first BAM-iversary when we add another 120 hours into each person’s bank.
- Traditional Medical and Health Benefits – We all need them, and BAM provides them at a bargain! Each year the company chooses to contribute a larger portion of the total benefits cost in an effort to not raise the employee’s contribution and lower it if possible. This package includes: medical, dental, vision, voluntary life, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a small pet benefit option.
- Company Culture – BAM strives to have and succeeds in always having the small company feel. You will never be a number, and will always be valued. We live out our values: (1) When People Grow, BAM Grows, (2) Loyal, Loving Family, (3) Fun, Quirky Spirit, and (4) Work Hard, Play Hard, WIN!
- Free Life Insurance – The company pays for $25,000 in life insurance free of change to each and every employee.
- Personal & Professional Development – BAM pays for unlimited access to MytrueU which is a site that aggregates incredible community leaders and asks them to share their lessons learned, in order to enrich others.
- Events – BAM spares no expense in order to plan events for the entire company. No matter where the employee is working, we ensure that everyone can get together and live out our Core Values.
The Assistant Property Manager (APM) will be responsible for assisting the Property Manager in meeting or exceeding the property’s financial performance targets and ownership objectives. Responsibilities include marketing, leasing, resident services, and collections. The APM will achieve these goals by ensuring that:
- Revenues are maximized.
- Resident satisfaction is a continual focus.
- Occupancy goals are achieved
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all legal requirements
Essential Job Functions
- Accountable for the efficient handling of all Resident relations, including service requests, complaints, events, renewals, newsletters, etc.
- Reception duties include greeting residents and guests, answering calls, responding to emails and voicemails.
- Conduct all activities following company policy, lease contract, HUD regulations, Fair Housing requirements and any applicable program regulations.
- Inventory office supplies on a periodic basis and report needs to the Property Manager.
- Organize and file appropriate reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Audit files to verify that paperwork is complete, files are properly prepared, and data is entered into the computer system.
- Be familiar with new technologies, systems, and procedures related to property management.
- Accurately bill recurring charges and one-time fees due at move in.
- Collection of monies owed at move in
- Bank deposits
- Delinquency management includes daily contact (phone, text, voicemail, email, written) to encourage payment and advise applicable consequences.
- Adhere to BAM collection policy for former residents with a balance including release to collections
- Maintain a clean, professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Inspect model, tour path, and show units daily to ensure cleanliness
- Market the property through advertising, print media, websites, social media, networking, word of mouth, referrals, etc.
- Promptly reply to all lead inquiries with the goal of obtaining an appointment to show the apartment community to prospective residents.
- Follow up with prospective residents who have not yet leased to continue the sales process and secure the sale.
- Close the sale with prospective residents by obtaining a security deposit and application for an apartment or waiting list.
- Process applications timely and according to Company policy
- Prepare all necessary documents for the application process and lease signing.
- Provide and explain all necessary documents to potential residents.
- Screen, interview, and notify applicants of their acceptance or rejection as a resident following Company procedures.
- Review online advertising (ILS) to ensure current market pricing on a weekly basis. Report any needed corrections to PM and Marketing Manager on Team Slack channel.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to the property manager for the marketing community and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Perform external market outreach as assigned.
- Establish positive relationships with residents to promote customer satisfaction and maintain occupancy rates.
- Host socials and events to engage residents and that foster a sense of community and belonging
- Actively coordinate lease renewal offers throughout the month according to company policy. This includes sending offers via AppFolio and sending e-leases via BlueMoon as well maintaining the Lease Expiration Matrix (LEM) and Renewal Spreadsheet.
- Update computer system with new Renewal details.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice as directed by their supervisors. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Communication Proficiency
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.