BAM Management (BAM) began in 2010 in the heart of Indianapolis. Affectionately referred to as the “BAMFAM” by its employees, the company is dedicated to changing the way property management operates. A property management company focused on achieving maximum benefit for residents, owners, and investors, BAM always acts with a focus on its core values of: Growth, Fun, Family, and Work-Life Balance. In utilizing industry knowledge, the strengths of the team, and market expertise, BAM is a company that knows how to succeed! We encourage you to join this winning team, and grow with us.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the BAM Management brand and company by performing essential administrative tasks, selected marketing tasks, and representing the firm in a professional and positive manner. The specific focus of the position is to assist the VP, Property Management is any and all necessary tasks and to anticipate the needs of the team.
This position is full-time and offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Essential Job Functions
- Input receipts and select labor hours data
- Act as the front line of communication with our current and potential residents including answering phone calls, emails, and in-person requests.
- Front Office responsibilities such as greeting guests and visitors, answering and directing phone calls, overseeing office inventory and requisitions, sorting and handling incoming and outgoing mail, and maintaining a professional and clean environment for visitors
- Perform various administrative functions including assistance with document preparation, making copies, and fulfilling miscellaneous requests from various departments
- Coordinate schedules, meetings, and conference calls for executive team
- Management and notification of select all company wide events
- Allocate business credit card reconciliations for Senior Accountant/Finance Department
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Takes and retrieves messages and/or parcels for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Maintain contact lists and all-company organization charts
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Conduct selected marketing activities that may include occasional local travel, photography, activity audits, and content creation
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent Communication Skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional Customer Service skills required
- Must be enthusiastic, positive, reliable and dedicated
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Canva, and Acrobat
- Ability to effectively handle difficult situations while upholding a calm and positive demeanor
- Ability to foresee problems and anticipate solutions
- Ability to be flexible and change at a moment’s notice
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to collaborate and work with others in a variety of capacities.
- Ability to learn quickly and take direction
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; hours of work will be set as Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., and an hour lunch-break is offered.
This is a primarily local assignment during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected. Local travel can include as much as 20% of the position, or less.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Graduate
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1 year in a Professional Services environment, including internships
Authorized to work in the United States of America.
The BAM Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The BAM Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The BAM Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The BAM Companies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.